It's that time of year again - time for Wishlists!!! ::throws snowflake confetti:: This year, I was inspired to post bydaybreak777
In case you're new to this blog-o-sphere tradition, it goes thusly: Step One:
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Boomer/Gaeta icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for ____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. [Note: Your home address is not required!]
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. A "CyberMathWitch" icon - something neat and artsy that reflects my name that I can use as an avatar both on LJ and abroad. I prefer serious over silly, and it would have to be work safe.
2. A vid of Lee/Kara to P!nk's "I'm Not Dead"
3. A vid of Lee/Kara to Imogen Heap's "Angry Angel"
4. Paid LJ time
5. The newest Laurell K Hamilton book "Swallowing Darkness"
6. Knit Picks
Harmony Wood Cable Needles
7. The original UK Queer as Folk in some format... I used to have VHS copies I dubbed from ladysorka
's copies, but in three or four moves they've gone missing and it's damn hard to find.
8. An LJ theme - either Lee/Kara-centric or just artsy in a way that makes one think of the same things as in #1.
9. Merlin to try
10. Movie passes so that Brian and I can go see some of the things out that we want to see.