C'mon y'all. PLAY WITH ME.
Gakked from most recently kadollan (who had better come up with some since she made me play in the first place! :) )
• Post ten of any pictures currently on your hard drive that you think are self-expressive.
• NO CAPTIONS!!! It must be like we're speaking with images and we have to interpret your visual language just like we have to interpret your words.
• They must ALREADY be on your hard drive - no googling or flickr! They have to have been saved to your folders sometime in the past. They must be something you've saved there because it resonated with you for some reason.
• You do NOT have to answer any questions about any of your pictures if you don't want to. You can make them as mysterious as you like. Or you can explain them away as much as you like.
( pretty pretty pic-spam )
1. Anyone who looks at this entry has to post this meme and their current wallpaper on their Livejournal. (You know... if you want)
2. Explain in five sentences why you're using that wallpaper!
3. Don't change your wallpaper before doing this! The point is to see what you had on!
|From Blog Buttons|
Ok - in case it's not patently obvious why I have this one up: it's a cap from Legend of the Seeker, featuring Richard and Kahlan. They are my new 'shippy obsession (thank serendipityxxi , it's totally her fault) and I think they're beautiful. I think this picture, in particular is incredibly sexy, and very compelling. It's something about the way that he's looking at her, like she's the only woman in the world, and it really gets to me. (The version on my handheld is actually a cap from a different frame, and the look on his face is even more intense, if you can imagine that, but I couldn't find a high-res version to use on the laptop.)
(I am admitting to something that might be akin to cheating, as I have seen this meme floating around for weeks, and didn't bother with it initially because I kind of hated the wallpaper I had up at the time (river rocks that came with the OS) and it did remind me that I ought to change it to something I actually liked. The old one is also below, as a thumbnail. I think I had it up because it covered up a defect on my screen that was bothering me. (In my defense, the R/K cap already *was* the background of my handheld which was the computer I was using the most at the time.))
|From Blog Buttons|
I am a geek *AND* a gleek! Whee!
Second - if y'all aren't watching Legend of the Seeker yet, you must do so. It's all on Hulu. You have no excuse. Go watch! It is pretty and 'shippy and violent and sexy and did I mention pretty? (My husband is particularly in love with the fight choreography.) Many thanks to serendipityxxi for turning me on to it. :)
Third: Have a weekly dose of Burn Notice and Royal Pains (both of which should also be coming to a Hulu near you, soon.) I am reserving judgment on BN until I have seen more, though so far, so good, and I LOVE ROYAL PAINS. Hank can be my MD anytime. Eye candy aside, the dialogue is quick and clever, and I like all the characters we've been introduced to thus far. (Except the ones you're not supposed to like, of course.) icepixie, you might want to check it out - it's a little bit like Northern Exposure, but with fewer moose (mooses?). Also, it and Burn Notice both scream "SUMMER" to me - probably residuals from sitting up late watching Silk Stalkings (another great beach-themed show) on summer nights when I was in junior high.
I like Mental on Fox as well, but am less enthusiastic about it than the above two shows.
I've also been watching So You Think You Can Dance, both because I have a huge crush on Cat and because I am a dance junkie. But I think I like the audition/Vegas segments better than the actual competition portions. Is that weird? I don't know who I'm pulling for yet.
And lastly a meme, stolen from i_am_girlfriday :
The problem with LiveJournal is that we think we're close, but really, we know nothing about each other.
So I want you to ask me something you think you should know about me, something that should be obvious, but you have no idea about, or something you've always been curious about but have never asked, or something completely silly that you'd like me to answer for kicks. No limits on the range of questions, either: ask me anything you want to know about, whether it's a fannish opinion or a question about a fic of mine or trivia about my real life or my thoughts on events in the offline world.
In no particular order:
Mulder/Scully (The X-Files)
Lee/Kara (Battlestar Galactica)
Chris/Rita (Silk Stalkings)
Doyle/Merry/Frost (the Merry Gentry novels)
Tiger/Del (The Novels of Tiger and Del)
Harry/Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter)
Richard/Kahlan (The Legend of the Seeker)
John/Elizabeth (Stargate: Atlantis)
(I know, that's eleven. Be glad I only added *one* extra.)
The first five (cinq) (cinco) (5) people to respond to this post will get something made by me.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:
Grabbed off of Joy's Blog.
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. (No refunds… no exchanges!!!!)
2. What I create will be just for you, with love from me.
3. It’ll be done this year (2009).
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. I may even create something totally unbelievable and surprise you!! Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note/post of your own and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to it.
7. Send your mailing address if you don’t live close to me! Feel free to email your mailing addy to cybermathwitch @ gmail(dot)com.
Name a fandom and I'll inform you as to my:
One True Pairing Ship:
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" ship:
"You are one sick bastard" ship:
"I dabble a little" ship:
"It's like a car crash" ship:
"Tickles my fancy but not sold just yet" ship:
"Makes no cannon sense but why the hell not" ship:
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" ship:
Second - a somewhat belated happy anniversary for Mulder and Scully! (Because I am a fangirl, you all knew that, right?) Thank you, tarzanic for reminding me!
Finally, a meme for y'all. (Gakked from xdawnfirex .)
( Baaa! )
From fahye :
On the theory that we could all use a hearty dose of positive energy and general warm fuzziness while we wait, none too patiently, for better times; that *no* one I know is getting told often enough what a good job they are doing just getting through this crazy, lovely world. Take a second, and mention something you like about me (if such a thing exists) in the comments. Then repost this to your own journal, and have some goodness for yourself.
Ask me anything you want - no matter how strange, obscure, or what. Ask me anything boring, mundane, silly, stupid, crazy, or weird. No matter what, I will answer it, unless it crosses one of the few lines I have.
If I don't have your email, include it with your question so I can reply.
On May 4th:
- 1494 - Christopher Columbus lands in Jamaica.
- 1919 - May Fourth Movement: Student demonstrations take place in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China, protesting the Treaty of Versailles, which transferred Chinese territory to Japan.
- 1970 - Vietnam War: Kent State shootings: the Ohio National Guard, sent to Kent State University after disturbances in the city of Kent the weekend before, open fire killing four students and wounding nine others. The students were protesting the United States' invasion of Cambodia.
- 1852 - Alice Pleasance Liddell, English schoolgirl model for Alice in Wonderland (d. 1934)
- 1929 - Audrey Hepburn, Anglo-Dutch actress (d. 1993)